Code of Conduct – Junior Members
HERTS BASEBALL CLUB is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with either of the Little League Vice Presidents, Marty Cullen or Lee Manning (Note: a dedicated Little League Parent Liaison Officer will be appointed soon).
As a member of Herts Baseball Club, you are expected to abide by the following junior code of practice:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background or religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Bullying of any description will not be tolerated.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- On official game days Members must wear the official team uniforms.
- All equipment which is the property of Herts Baseball Club or its partners must be left at the field.
- Misuse of equipment will not be tolerated.
- Any child that requires medication or special medical attention must have a parent/guardian present at all times.
- Members must pay any fees (e.g. membership fee) on time.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.