Code of Conduct – Officials and Volunteers
HERTS BASEBALL CLUB
CODE OF PRACTICE FOR CLUB OFFICIALS AND VOLUNTEERS
All club officials and volunteers involved with or undertaking any club activities will abide with the rules of good ethical conduct and practice, and must:
- Consider the wellbeing and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with participants, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play, team spirit and cooperation).
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club.
- Hold appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover, where applicable.
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
- Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.
- Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.