Health and Safety
The members of Hertfordshire Baseball Club are to respond to incidents/accidents in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
- Listen to what the injured person is saying.
- Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
- In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
- Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
- Contact the injured person’s parent/carer.
- Complete an incident/accident report form.
In case of serious accidents/incidents, the relevant club officials and members would utilize the following accident report form to report accidents/incidents, if applicable (Appendix I).
In the event of an accident occurring through insufficient training or faulty equipment/facilities, the relevant officials/members are to complete the risk assessment form (Appendix II).