As we countdown to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this bank Holiday weekend.
1. Name: David Tretheway
2. Nationality (if dual nationality enter both): South African
3. Age: 29
4. Position(s): outfield
5. Height:1m70 (5ft7)
6. Weight: 80
7. Bats (right/left/switch): left
8. Throws (right/left): left
9. Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.): 0
10. What is your preferred song to go up to bat with: anything
11. Favourite baseball movie: dont have one
12. Favourite MLB team: Yankees
13. Favourite MLB player: Derek Jeter
14. For or against the Designated Hitter rule: for
15. Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: NO!
17. Who is the most undervalued player in the team: team manager
18. Who is the prankster in the team: Lee Manning
19. What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.: eat Percy pigs and a can of Monster before the game
20. Your favourite pre-game meal: Percy pigs
21. Predictions for this weekend’s Championship: Falcons
22. Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: SMASH THE BALL!