As we count down to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this Bank Holiday weekend.
1. Name: Jordan Farkas
2. Nationality : USA
3. Age: 29
4. Position(s): Pitcher / 1st Base
5. Height: 6′ 2”
6. Weight: (0.16 X Alaska Kodiak Grizzly Bear)
7. Bats (right/left/switch): Right
8. Throws (right/left): Right
9. Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.): Richmond 2011 (Bench w/ broken leg)
10. What is your preferred song to go up to bat with:
11. Favourite baseball movie: Major League
12. Favourite MLB team: Seattle Mariners
13. Favourite MLB player: Roy Halladay
14. For or against the Designated Hitter rule: Against – Let the pitchers hit!
15. Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: Yes
16. What was the largest audience you have performed to (sports or other), when and what event: High School Basketball Tournament 900+
17. Who is the most undervalued player in the team: Every player on the team has contributed to our success this season. We couldn’t do it without all of Lee and Aspi’s hard work and dedication to the team and club.
18. Who is the prankster in the team: Dave Prankmasta’ House
19. What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.:
20. Your favourite pre-game meal: 2 Eggs & Toast. Eat Jalapeno, Ranch or BBQ flavor sunflower seeds during the game (unless I am pitching).
21. Predictions for this weekend’s Championship: Herts
22. Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: Execute Every Play