As we count down to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this Bank Holiday weekend.
1. Name: Mike Osborn
2. Nationality (if dual nationality enter both): British
3. Age: young enough
4. Position(s): Pitcher, OF, 3B, 1B
5. Height: 6’3
6. Weight: 200lbs
7. Bats (right/left/switch): Right
8. Throws (right/left): Right
9. Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.):
London Warriors: finalists in 1998; champs in 2000.
Richmond Flames: finalists in 2008, 2009; champs in 2006, 2010.
10. What is your preferred song to go up to bat with: Darth Vador-Imperial March
11. Favourite baseball movie: Moneyball
12. Favourite MLB team: Red Sox
13. Favourite MLB player: I don’t really have one.
14. For or against the Designated Hitter rule: Against.
15. Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: No. He was not breaking any rules at the time.
16. What was the largest audience you have performed to (sports or other), when and what event:
800ish in Regensburg during European baseball championships, early 2000.
17. Who is the most undervalued player in the team: Lee
18. Who is the prankster in the team: No one. We are not allowed to joke when we play. Lee is very strict.
19. What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.:I start stretching 24 hours before the first pitch.
20. Your favourite pre-game meal: Chloe’s Spag Bol
21. Predictions for this weekend’s Championship: Herts
22. Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: Focus and win