As we count down to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this Bank Holiday weekend.
1. Name: Nick Russell
2. Nationality (if dual nationality enter both): British/Canadian
3. Age: 32
4. Position(s): Pitcher/Shortstop
5. Height: 5’10”
6. Weight: 11.5st
7. Bats (right/left/switch): Right
8. Throws (right/left): Right
9. Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.): 2010 Eagles AAA
10. What is your preferred song to go up to bat with: Beastie Boys, Sabotage
11. Favourite baseball movie:Major League
12. Favourite MLB team: Boston Red Sox
13. Favourite MLB player: Pedro Martinez
14. For or against the Designated Hitter rule: For
15. Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: Yes
16. What was the largest audience you have performed to (sports or other), when and what event: Regional baseball tournament, Montreal, Canada.
17. Who is the most undervalued player in the team: Kal
18. Who is the prankster in the team: Louis
19. What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.: Stretch and warm up at the gym
20. Your favourite pre-game meal: Bacon sandwich
21. Predictions for this weekend’s Championship:2012 AA Champions
22. Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: Win!Win!Win!