As we count down to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this Bank Holiday weekend.
1) Name: Tim Elkins
2) Nationality (if dual nationality enter both): British
3) Age: More than my shirt number “45” !!!!! It’s actually 46
4) Position(s): 1B, OF
5) Height:5′ 11”
6) Weight:No idea, but probably a but heavier than I’d like !
7) Bats (right/left/switch):Right
8) Throws (right/left):Right
9) Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.):AAA (the year before the Faclons went up to the NBL for the first time (can’t remember exactly which year)
10) What is your preferred song to go up to bat with: “Don’t stop the party” by The Black Eye Peas
11) Favourite baseball movie: Fever Pitch
12) Favourite MLB team: Boston Red Sox
13) Favourite MLB player: Pedro Martinez
14) For or against the Designated Hitter rule: For
15). Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: Yes
16) What was the largest audience you have performed to (sports or other), when and what event: Unknown, but was interviewed for and appeared in the introduction to the 2009 Red Sox Fantasy Camp DVD. Used in publicity for 2010 Fantasy Camp on the Red Sox web site ……..
17) Who is the most undervalued player in the team:Slater – more than willing to put the team before his own playing time and happy to do whatever you ask of him
18) Who is the prankster in the team: Hard to pick – this year the Hawk’s have had such a loose attitude in the dug out, but played so hard to win, reminiscent of the 2004 Red Sox – the comraderie and team spirit have been what have defined this year’s team and made it so enjoyable to play for – unfair to pick out anyone
19) What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.: For the last two play off games, when going to field at 1st base, for the very first time, I touch my lips, touch the base, then touch the team name on my shirt – it worked so far so I ain’t changing it 🙂 also avoid stepping on baselines whenever running out to field
20) Your favourite pre-game meal: Eggs, bacon, toast, coffee and juice
21) Predictions for this weekend’s Championship: don’t want to tempt fate !!!!!
22). Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: “Keep The Faith” !!!!!