In accordance with the Club’s Constitution, this is a notice of the upcoming 25th Annual General Meeting of Herts Baseball Club. The AGM will take place as follows:
Sunday, 5 December 2021
10:30am (AGM expected to end at around 12:30pm)
This year’s AGM will be held online via Zoom. Club members will receive an email with details how to join the Zoom call.
Under the Club’s Constitution, members under the age of 14 on 31 December 2021 are classified as Junior Members and do not have voting rights at General Meetings. Regardless of this, if you are under the age of 14, you and your parents are very much invited to attend the AGM, especially as so many of the parents of our youth members are involved as players, coaches, volunteers and members of staff.
POTENTIAL NEW MEMBERS
Although only 2021 club members have the right to vote at this AGM, the meeting is very much open to potential new members who are considering joining the club in 2022. This is a good opportunity for new players, volunteers and members of staff to learn more about the club and meet its members. If you fall into this category and wish to attend the AGM, please contact the club.
The meeting is also open to observers who are not members of the Club. If you fall into this category and wish to attend the AGM please contact the club.
Ahead of the meeting, the AGM Information Pack will be sent out to 2021 members. It will include information such as the AGM agenda, 2021 report, financial statements, election details and more.
ELECTION OF 2022 BOARD MEMBERS
In accordance with the Constitution, a number of Board positions will be up for election at the upcoming AGM either as part of the annual retirement of a third of the Board positions or because they are vacant.
The club is now inviting nominations for the following Board positions:
BOARD POSITIONS (appointment duration in brackets)
- Treasurer (term ends 31st December 2024)
- Club Secretary (term ends 31st December 2022)
- Shop Manager (term ends 31st December 2024)
- Facilities Manager – Grovehill (term ends 31st December 2022)
- Welfare Officer (term ends 31st December 2024)
- Manager NBL (term ends 31st December 2022)
- Manager Single-A or Double-A2 – Hemel Hempstead (term ends 31st December 2023)
- Manager Single-A or Double-A2 – NW London (term ends 31st December 2024)
- Manager Single-A or Double-A2 – NW London (term ends 31st December 2022)
- Head of U15 Baseball – Hemel Hempstead (term ends 31st December 2024)
- Head of U13 Baseball – Hemel Hempstead (term ends 31st December 2023)
- Head of U11 Baseball – Hemel Hempstead (term ends 31st December 2022)
- Head of U15 Baseball – NW London (term ends 31st December 2024)
- Head of U13 Baseball – NW London (term ends 31st December 2024)
- Head of Softball (term ends 31st December 2023)
2 The leagues which our teams will enter in 2022 will not be known until after the AGM. The Club may also decide to add or remove teams from the BBF leagues depending on the number of players registering for 2022. If the club enters fewer teams than expected, one or more of these board positions may be removed after the AGM.
Current Board members are eligible to stand for re-election. All members are invited to consider any of the Board positions and put their names forward for one or several of them.
Being a Board Member is an excellent opportunity to be involved in shaping the future of Herts Baseball Club. If you are considering applying for any of the positions, but are unsure about it, you can get in touch with current or past Board members who can give you more information about what the role involves and what to expect if elected. If you require more information about any of the above Board positions please contact the club.
HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR CANDIDACY
If you decide to run for any of these Board positions please confirm your candidacy by posting a message in the Herts Baseball Online Forum (Click here to view). If you have difficulties accessing the forum with your username and password please contact the club.
Nominations require two votes – nomination and second. Nominations of Board members can be received at any time, including during the AGM. Nominations can only be accepted from persons eligible to vote at the AGM. If you are concerned about the nomination process, members of the current Board would be happy to consider supporting your nomination and giving you the necessary two votes to be able to stand for election, so feel free to get in touch with current Board members. To nominate or to second a candidate, post in the Herts Baseball online Forum.
BOARD AND STAFF MEMBER REBATE
Ahead of the Board elections, a reminder that, in consideration of the time and effort which Board members give in performing their Board roles and which effectively means that they are unable to enjoy the full benefit of their membership, they will be entitled to a membership fee rebate. The Board reviews the rebate system from time to time. Here is an example of how it is likely to be applied during the upcoming season:
- members of the Board are expected to be entitled to a rebate of around 50% or more of the respective membership fee payable by them during the year.
- if one Board role is held by two or more individuals, such individuals can share the rebate between them as the burden of performing the role is shared between them.
In accordance with article 14.3 of the Club’s Constitution “Additions to, or alterations of the constitution shall be submitted to the Secretary not less than 10 (ten) days before the date of the meeting. No resolution involving an amendment to the constitution may be proposed or amended from the floor of a meeting.” If any members wish to propose a constitutional amendment please send it by contacting the club by 23:59 on 25 November 2021, at the latest. You can find a copy of the Constitution on the club’s website (click to view).