|Baseball is one of the fastest growing sports in the UK at the moment and, with the increasing coverage of Major League Baseball on British TV, Herts Baseball Club has seen significant rise in the number of newcomers to the team. Herts Baseball Club is a member of the British Baseball Federation and is one of the fastest-growing community sports clubs in Great Britain and one of the largest baseball clubs in the country. We are located conveniently for anyone living in Hertfordshire, North London, West London, Central London and the surrounding regions.
WE WELCOME EVERYONE
With a team in every league of the British Baseball Federation, the Club has many roster spots to fill and is looking to recruit players at all levels of play, from complete beginners to accomplished players. To play in the British Baseball adult leagues players must be 14 years of age or older. (For players aged 6 to 16 please click here for details of how to join the Herts youth teams).
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Here is what you can expect if you become a member of the Herts adult league teams:
- The Herts teams start pre-season in January with training sessions on Sundays and sometimes on Saturdays
- In March and April the Herts teams play in the Herts Spring League involving British league teams from the Southern Conference. This is the British equivalent of MLB’s Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues.
- The British League season opens in April and league games are played home and away every Sunday until August/September.
- Between April and August the club runs Midweek evening training sessions for all members, starting around 6pm and ending when the sun goes down.
- In July Herts teams enter the International London Tournament for a weekend of baseball involving teams form around the UK, Ireland, France, Holland, Portugal, USA and other parts of the world.
- After the end of the regular season the top teams qualify and play in the postseason playoffs and National Baseball Championships. This usually takes place at the end of August and September.
- In September and October members of the Herts adult league teams are drafted into teams to compete in the Hunlock Series. The draft is done live on the Herts Baseball TV Channel.
- Throughout the year there are various other social and other events such as Herts Baseball’s International Beer and Food Festival, Awards Night, Bowling Tournament, Annual General Meeting etc. involving the whole club.
- Playing members pay an annual membership fee of between around £90 and £150 depending on which Herts team they play for.
- There is a 50% discount for full time students.
- Members who join the club partway through the season will have their membership fee reduced on a pro-rata basis. For example, if you join with 25% of the season remaining then your membership fee would be equal to 25% of the annual membership fee.
- Playing members are responsible for purchasing the club’s official uniform. Jersey costs around (£36), pants range from £11 to £32, cap from £10 to £12.
- Fielding gloves are a player’s personal expense. The same applies to other accessories which a player may wish to use (e.g. protective cup, etc).
HOW TO JOIN
You can join the club at any time of the year. Our club welcomes new players of any age, gender and ability.
If you are interested to join Herts Baseball Club please complete the Online registration form, which will give you access to the Herts Baseball Online Club House which will allow you to indicate your availability, keep track of your stats, access to the online forum and much more.
If you require more details or to find out when you can come for a training sesson to give baseball a try, please contact us .