As we count down to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this Bank Holiday weekend.
1. Name: Seth Lipstock
2. Nationality (if dual nationality enter both): USA
3. Age: 33
4. Position(s): 3rd and 2nd Base
5. Height: 6′ 0″
6. Weight: 84 Kg
7. Bats (right/left/switch): right
8. Throws (right/left): right
9. Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.): 0
10. What is your preferred song to go up to bat with: Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills
11. Favourite baseball movie: The Sandlot
12. Favourite MLB team: Baltimore Orioles
13. Favourite MLB player: Robert Andino
14. For or against the Designated Hitter rule: For
15. Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: No
16. What was the largest audience you have performed to (sports or other), when and what event: Dreamers Theater Performance, once a year, in Richmond VA with my brother’s special needs adult theater group.
17. Who is the most undervalued player in the team: That’s easy, ASPI!!! There’s no team without him..there’s no Herts without him!!!
18. Who is the prankster in the team: Jon Lewys
19. What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.: Stretch, stretch, stretch…
20. Your favourite pre-game meal: Protein Cereal
21. Predictions for this weekend’s Championship: ‘Pain’ (Clubber Lang, Rocky III)
22. Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: Fun…we have fun, and never take it too seriously