Herts Baseball Club has issued the following guidance for players, team officials, umpires and spectators who will be visiting Grovehill Ballpark over the three weeks of the 2020 Herts Spring League.
In the light of the current advice from the government and NHS about Corona Virus:
- Anyone who has recently visited specific badly affected areas — such as Hubei province in China, or northern Italy — should not take part in the HSL.
- Anyone who has recently visited affected countries, including South Korea and Japan, and has symptoms of possible Covid-19, should not take part in the HSL.
- Anyone who has, or has recently had, flu-like symptoms should not take part in the HSL and should follow NHS advice.
- Herts Baseball Club is currently making every effort to acquire hand sanitiser and disinfectant products. There is a nationwide shortage of these products. If we manage to acquire them, we will provide soap, paper towels, and hand sanitiser in the toilet facilities at Grovehill ballpark. We will not issue supplies to individual teams, so please feel free to bring whatever you need.
- Herts baseball club will provide rubbish bags in each dugout – please use these to dispose of used tissues and all other waste.
- Subject to availability, shared facilities such as benches will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes before each day’s events, but it will not be practical to repeat the process between each game.
- Herts baseball club will not be organising the traditional handshakes and exchanges before and after games. However, we understand if any teams or players wish to make local agreement among themselves to do this. Please make your wishes known and notify the plate umpire where necessary.
Herts Baseball Club will continue to monitor all guidance offered by the NHS, and will update this advice where necessary.