As we count down to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this Bank Holiday weekend.
1. Name: Kevin Niedringhaus
2. Nationality (if dual nationality enter both):American
3. Age: 25
4. Position(s): IF/OF/C
5. Height: 5’8″
6. Weight: 175 lbs
7. Bats (right/left/switch): R
8. Throws (right/left): R
9. Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.): 2010, 2011 Richmond Flames
10. What is your preferred song to go up to bat with: Kashmir, Led Zeppelin
11. Favourite baseball movie: Major League
12. Favourite MLB team: Atlanta Braves
13. Favourite MLB player: Brian McCann
14. For or against the Designated Hitter rule: AGAINST!
15. Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: No
16. What was the largest audience you have performed to (sports or other), when and what event: 1997 South Carolina Little League State Championship
17. Who is the most undervalued player in the team: Phil Clark
18. Who is the prankster in the team: Dave House
19. What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.: A beer to relax the night before, a coffee to start the day of
20. Your favourite pre-game meal: Full English Breakfast
21. Predictions for this weekend’s Championship: HERTS!
22. Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: relax, defense, fun