As we count down to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this Bank Holiday weekend.
1. Name: David House
2. Nationality (if dual nationality enter both): American
3. Age: 27
4. Position(s): 3rd base, catcher
5. Height: 6 ft 0 inches
6. Weight: 183 lbs (83 kg)
7. Bats (right/left/switch): Right
8. Throws (right/left): Right
9. Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.): 2011, NBL, Richmond Flames
10. What is your preferred song to go up to bat with: The Game, by Motorhead
11. Favourite baseball movie: The Natural
12. Favourite MLB team: St Louis Cardinals
13. Favourite MLB player: Current: David Freese, Of all time: Ozzie Smith
14. For or against the Designated Hitter rule: For
15. Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: Absolutely – in fact, take it away
16. What was the largest audience you have performed to (sports or other), when and what event: High School baseball intenational school sports final, around 300 people
17. Who is the most undervalued player in the team: Dave Tretheway
18. Who is the prankster in the team: Jordan Farkas
19. What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.:
20. Your favourite pre-game meal: Chicken club sandwich
21. Predictions for this weekend’s Championship: Herts Falcons take home the Gold!
22. Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: Play our game!