As we countdown to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this bank Holiday weekend.
1. Name: Phil Clark
2. Nationality (if dual nationality enter both): American / Australian
3. Age: 33
4. Position(s): Utility
5. Height: 180cm
6. Weight: (enough)
7. Bats (right/left/switch): Left
8. Throws (right/left): Right
9. Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.): Windsor Bears 2004 (2nd), Brighton 2005 (2nd), Mets 2008 (won), Mets 2009 (missed due to my wedding), Mets 2010 (3rd)
10. What is your preferred song to go up to bat with: AC/DC – Thunder
11. Favourite baseball movie: The Rookie
12. Favourite MLB team: Red Sox
13. Favourite MLB player: Pass
14. For or against the Designated Hitter rule: For
15. Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: Yes
16. What was the largest audience you have performed to (sports or other), when and what event: Can’t recall. No more than a 1,000 people
17. Who is the most undervalued player in the team: NO one is undervalued, we’ve all positively contributed to the team in different ways – some on the field, a the plate or on the bench
18. Who is the prankster in the team: Jordan / Crazy Dave
19. What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.: Not really… just the old wives tale and try to avoid sex
20. Your favourite pre-game meal: Food
21. Predictions for this weekend’s Championship: Easy – Herts. But in all honesty, every team has a chance. We are all equally weighted in terms of ability and skill level. It’s a very hard one to call this year, as there is no clear favourite.
22. Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: Teamwork, fundamentals, focus.