As we count down to the 2012 National Baseball Championships we are running a series of question and answer sessions with members of the Herts Falcons and Herts Hawks teams who will be going for silverware this Bank Holiday weekend.
1. Name: Paul Auchterlounie
2. Nationality (if dual nationality enter both): British
3. Age: 38
4. Position(s): Outfield now that Andy F is behind the plate!
5. Height: 6ft
6. Weight: probably too much
7. Bats (right/left/switch): badly
8. Throws (right/left): right (on the money – sometimes!)
9. Previous appearances in the NBCs (year and which team and league i.e. NBL, AAA, AA etc.): 2010 AAA Herts Eagles
10. What is your preferred song to go up to bat with: Iron Maiden – Phantom of the Opera
11. Favourite baseball movie: Not sure
12. Favourite MLB team: Phillies
13. Favourite MLB player: Cole Hamels
14. For or against the Designated Hitter rule: Against
15. Should Barry Bonds’ home run record have an asterisk next to it: No(*)
16. What was the largest audience you have performed to (sports or other), when and what event: Probably a music concert as a kid – somewhere around 50 people!
17. Who is the most undervalued player in the team: Tim Elkins
18. Who is the prankster in the team: Slater
19. What is your pre-game routine during the 24 hours before first pitch, any superstitions, etc.: Don’t have a set routine, but if we win the NBC that may change!
20. Your favourite pre-game meal: Breakfast
21. Predictions for this weekend’s Championship: Hawks!!
22. Key to our success this weekend in 3 words: Hit the ball